Matlock
A
thread 1/5
Continuing to catalog the older stuff I wrote - finishing up 2019 with my #9 - some classical-style symphonies (no, really).
#keyofw #keyofwMusic #keyofwMusicCatalog
Symphony No. 1 in D Major (Five Simple Symphonies: Alternate Universe Classical Music) - YouTube

Back in 2019 (the Before Times) I wrote five symphonies in the style of the late-baroque/early-classical, e.g. Haydn. They are part of my "Alternate Universe...

04:50 PM - Feb 21, 2024
Matlock
A
thread 2/5
They weren't created for anything in particular, just for fun. I wanted to do an "alternate universe classical music" kind of thing. In this case, I created symphonies in the style of Haydn or very early Mozart.

https://youtu.be/HkExZNvrL...
Symphony No. 3 in C Major (Five Simple Symphonies: Alternate Universe Classical Music) - YouTube

Back in 2019 (the Before Times) I wrote five symphonies in the style of the late-baroque/early-classical, e.g. Haydn. They are part of my "Alternate Universe...

Matlock
A
thread 3/5
I also wanted them to be as authentic as possible, meaning that they could pass for true classical music and not just have a surface-level classical aesthetic. (Nothing wrong with that, I just wanted the extra challenge.)

Also the two videos above are the only links I have atm :(
Matlock
A
thread 4/5
Like everything pre-2020, any plans I had have fallen by the wayside. The five symphonies are complete and performable but I have no plans to ever get them done. I had a connection in 2019 who could have used them as educational material but COVID messed that up.
Matlock
A
thread 5/5
Someday I may go back to these and either make fuller recordings or get them performed. If so, I'll add them to this thread. Otherwise, the two YouTube videos are all you get.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}