ANDY FRIZZELL
A
The thing is, films are ‘make believe’ it’s pretending to be real. So why in the world was live ammunition anywhere near a film set!? Why have real guns, able to fire live ammunition been used when fake ‘safe’ guns are available? - Rust movie shooting: Four moments from the first day of trial
03:19 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to ANDY FRIZZELL.
Some producers and directors want to make the movie feel authentic using real ammo instead of fake guns. Obviously it was pure negligence to be leaving loaded weapons around on a movie set without them being fully secured. But I agree with you about not using real ammo because it can be deadly.
03:56 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
Yeah, but that wasn’t it. The gun was handed to him and he was told it was “cold” (no live ammo) but it wasn’t and the person whose job it was hadn’t checked.

But they weren’t supposed to be using live ammunition, some people were screwing around between takes with it. Awful.
In response to Ray King.
04:49 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
Yes you are right, but some producers want live ammo for their films to make it look more authentic.

Like I said, this whole tragedy was due to pure negligence not having the gun secured. There's no way people should be messing with a real gun during takes. It wasn't secured.
06:38 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Ray King.
I get you, just being clear that in this case, they weren’t even expecting that. Such a shame. Prop master is justly on the line here.
07:27 AM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}