Myles Higgins ?
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
08:40 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Myles Higgins ?.
Shortest explanation is: you never show your hand too soon and you never want to show your whole hand. They use a sequence of increasingly-harsher steps to ratchet up the pressure, rather than throwing everything at once.
09:09 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Shawn Stuckey
A
My limited understanding is sanctions are fluid. They have to be adjusted as Russia adjusts to the economic impact. Altering the where & what. These specific new sanctions are in partnership with other countries and affect third countries facilitating Russia. As far as I understand.
08:55 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Shawn Stuckey.
08:58 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Alexander Nevrmind
B
If you confiscate the Russian oligarchs money and use it for Ukraine. I mean real, large amounts of money and assets, my theory is the oligarchs will find a window to throw Pootie out of.

Money talks, bullshit falls out a window.
08:50 AM - Feb 23, 2024
A.C. Berryhill
A
He’s sending a message to Ukraine and our allies. With Congress mired in political posturing, he cannot do the effective things that he wants to do. So, he is pulling the levers he has to let everyone know that his Administration isn’t walking away.
08:48 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to A.C. Berryhill.
08:53 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
I think it's because Ukraine was winning with the support they had. Our GOP Congress members royally screwed them over for their orange man, so this was probably a "just in case" type thing. After all, sanctions hurt the regular citizens too.
08:47 AM - Feb 23, 2024
Myles Higgins ?
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
08:50 AM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}