Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 1/8
It’s been a challenging week.

I won’t go into details. And while I’m fine, not everyone around me is. Sometimes life just sucks.

Some of you were even kind enough to notice I haven’t been around here much having fun.
06:06 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 2/8
And it got me thinking a bit about a part I’m writing for the intro in my book - about the value of humour, even in the darker times - or especially in the darker times - as an emotional outlet.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 3/8
Because at any given time 1 in 32 people is having a challenging week (Statsistics Canada). It may be due to health or work issues, personal or home life, or limited choices on Netflix.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 4/8
Whatever the reason, look to your left, now look to your right. It’s likely that neither of those people is having a challenging week because it’s only 1 in 32. Still, it’s not nothing.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 5/8
The thing about being the one having a challenging week is that you sort of become untouchable for a bit. It’s not without limits of course - you can’t be a complete jackass. But you can get away with stuff a bit more than normal.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 6/8
For example, if I wanted to, I could say something like “Kace, come on!” (but in a funny, humorous way) And Kace would have to be like “Sheesh, not much I can do about that. He’s having a challenging week. And anyway, it wasn’t that bad what he said.”
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 7/8
See what I mean? It’s fun, and gets a little emotion out there.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 8/8
So if you’re having a challenging week, like the 1 in 32 of us are, don’t be afraid to crack a joke, mix it up a bit, maybe push a boundary even (probably not with Dani she’ll cut you). Because a little humour might just be the medicine you need to get by.

Follow for more.
Kathleen Rupnow
A
In response to Mark Kubert, DC.
Thanks for the reminder Mark! I had a pretty good week but today ended on a challenging note. Everyone is ok. Still, it was a very sucky ending to a good week. Take care of yourself and yes humour is still the best medicine in challenging times.
09:55 PM - Feb 23, 2024
April Sparkles
A
💛💛💛🥺
08:36 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I only ever met one person who said that nothing bad had ever happened in their life.

I just laugh, even better if I can make another smile.

I hope you can smile inside as well.
06:14 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Drummer Girl
A
Hey, I’m glad you’re fine and sorry that you’re in the midst of others’ challenges… and if you care about them, then you’re holding a bit of it, even if “fine”…. Be well if and how you can, and laugh or cry or sometimes both at the same time. All good!!
06:12 PM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}