Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 1/8
It’s been a challenging week.

I won’t go into details. And while I’m fine, not everyone around me is. Sometimes life just sucks.

Some of you were even kind enough to notice I haven’t been around here much having fun.
06:06 PM - Feb 23, 2024
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 2/8
And it got me thinking a bit about a part I’m writing for the intro in my book - about the value of humour, even in the darker times - or especially in the darker times - as an emotional outlet.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 3/8
Because at any given time 1 in 32 people is having a challenging week (Statsistics Canada). It may be due to health or work issues, personal or home life, or limited choices on Netflix.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 4/8
Whatever the reason, look to your left, now look to your right. It’s likely that neither of those people is having a challenging week because it’s only 1 in 32. Still, it’s not nothing.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 5/8
The thing about being the one having a challenging week is that you sort of become untouchable for a bit. It’s not without limits of course - you can’t be a complete jackass. But you can get away with stuff a bit more than normal.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 6/8
For example, if I wanted to, I could say something like “Kace, come on!” (but in a funny, humorous way) And Kace would have to be like “Sheesh, not much I can do about that. He’s having a challenging week. And anyway, it wasn’t that bad what he said.”
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 7/8
See what I mean? It’s fun, and gets a little emotion out there.
Mark Kubert, DC
A
thread 8/8
So if you’re having a challenging week, like the 1 in 32 of us are, don’t be afraid to crack a joke, mix it up a bit, maybe push a boundary even (probably not with Dani she’ll cut you). Because a little humour might just be the medicine you need to get by.

Follow for more.
Drummer Girl
A
Hey, I’m glad you’re fine and sorry that you’re in the midst of others’ challenges… and if you care about them, then you’re holding a bit of it, even if “fine”…. Be well if and how you can, and laugh or cry or sometimes both at the same time. All good!!
In response to Mark Kubert, DC.
06:12 PM - Feb 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}