TwentyTwentyUSA
A
My brother lost his hearing after having measles..
After he had mumps, he was infertile... If he had had kids, they would have been vaxed...
Deb Montague @DMontague
It feels, to me, like the people saying, "Don't vax my kid" have benefitted from either being vaccinated by their parents or herd immunity because everyone around them was vaccinated. Having been part of the generation which was pre-measles vax, you don't want them. They are awful.
01:35 PM - Feb 24, 2024
01:42 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Annette Licitra
A
In response to TwentyTwentyUSA.
I had back-to-back regular measles and German measles when I was 7. It was a miserable experience.
12:49 AM - Feb 25, 2024
Su. Ho.
A
I am so sad to hear this. I’m in my early 60s and just had my DTP booster as it had been over 10 years since the last one. GP ordered immunity check for MMR. Still immune - measles & mumps pre-vax (mumps was terrible), vax for rubella.
12:47 AM - Feb 25, 2024 (Edited)
Deb Montague
A
I had the "hard/German" measles when I was 2 and my 6 month old brother got them at the same time. Mom says she was nearly beside herself caring for 2 sickly kids. I got the "3-Day Measles" in 4th grade. It was May. My brother had his birthday party. I was shut in my room watching the spots form.
11:01 PM - Feb 24, 2024
Caryl D
A
and believe it or not post-verbal deafness caused by disease was in a way lucky because he had language…but the universe conspires to keep healthcare workers in business: childhood diseases, AIDS, crack, Chernobyl, cytomegalovirus, Covid, anti-vaxers, food/housing insecurity, etc.
02:01 PM - Feb 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}