LilTaiz
A
My 15-year-old granddaughter successfully installed a banister. Power tools, rock! Teamwork makes the dream work.
06:50 PM - Feb 24, 2024 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to LilTaiz.
I love to see this. I taught my daughter basic carpentry. She's now in her mid 30s and just finished custom building a full 4-seat bar in her basement as a birthday gift for her husband, including a finished slab of walnut for the bar top.

So good to learn basic skills and confidence to go with.
07:00 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Wow, I’m impressed. Did the same “training” with my daughter when she was young and then the grandson. It was a trip with my granddaughter—she was ho-hum about doing it until I broke out the power drill. Suddenly she was totally into it and I did not have to do anything else!
07:25 PM - Feb 24, 2024 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
That's great. I didn't mean that every kid takes up the next level. I have another daughter I taught exactly the same way and she's of a similar age. She would rather poke herself in the eye than change out an outlet cover. You just never know who will take to it and who won't.
In response to LilTaiz.
07:54 PM - Feb 24, 2024
LilTaiz
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
That’s true. My son did not take to home repair. He can do stuff if forced but does not take pleasure from it.
07:57 PM - Feb 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}