Kathy Wipf
A
#Weave #DailyPictureTheme
I received this metal loom for Christmas 64 years ago. I learned to #weave potholders on it (some are in use to this day & included in the picture). My mom made the hook from my dad’s scrap wire.
06:59 AM - Feb 26, 2024
Michael Osborn
A
In response to Kathy Wipf.
I still have hot pads I made on this loom. Probably could find it again, but can’t find the loops that fit on it, so no more pads 😞.
11:42 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Steve Lang
A
gmta.
10:54 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Carol Milanowski
A
Back in time before planned obsolescence 😏
03:32 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
Oh, my, yes! The Ditster and I spent months making these and sewing them into hot pads for the table (for pots of food and "family style" serving!) as a Xmas present for our mom. I mostly remember sore fingers and how hard it was to tie off those last few loops that kept popping off the loom!
08:23 AM - Feb 26, 2024
Kathy Wipf
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
I remember discovering how to arrange the colored loops to make patterns. My sister had a loom, too. We tried to make a rug. We should have gone the route of you & your Ditster by making hot pads for the table. 😊
08:39 AM - Feb 26, 2024
Elizabeth Rambo
A
I made dozens of these potholders as a kid. Have no idea what happened to the equipment.
07:25 AM - Feb 26, 2024
Kathy Wipf
A
In response to Elizabeth Rambo.
It’s fascinating what one keeps throughout one’s life. I left home when I was 19, and this loom is one of the things I took with me! 🙂
07:39 AM - Feb 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}