Mystrix Noire
A
There have been Black People who aligned w/antiblack politics since we were first brought here.

What helps me is to remember they are doing their best to survive/thrive this life journey as best they can.

For whatever reason, they choose to perpetuate whiteness as their means to survive/thrive.
Oh Well @Oh_Well
Do Black rappers, Black celebrities, Black atheletes supporting Trump and the GOP appreciate what their ancestors had to go through, or fight and struggle for to make it possible for them to have the careers they have, or live like they want to?

Or, are they just too spoiled and selfish to care?
04:50 PM - Feb 25, 2024
12:55 PM - Feb 26, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Mystrix Noire.
Thank you for sharing this. I've come to view America as a place where marginalized groups of people have contended with forms of authoritarianism for decades. As each person is unique, they will adapt to survive uniquely. As those means gain attention, they will be scrutinized, perhaps unfairly.
12:59 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Mystrix Noire
A
Before I respond, would you share whether you life is directly affected by marginalization?

*Decline/Refusal fully, nonjudmentally respected.
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
01:19 PM - Feb 26, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Mystrix Noire.
I'm not marginalized. I have White privilege and exist within the national norm. I've recognized that forever. Forgive me if my improper attempt at solidarity has caused discomfort.
01:22 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Mystrix Noire
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
Okay, I have nothing further to say.
01:41 PM - Feb 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}