Christopher Bouzy
A
The kids who cheated their way through school became adults. ChatGPT is an innovative tool, but some people think it's "intelligent," it's not. Using it for legal briefs is a disaster waiting to happen. However, someone could train a model using every available case in the US.
Jasra @Jasra
lol. I expected the school kids would use AI to cheat, but adults should know better.
06:30 PM - Feb 26, 2024
11:06 PM - Feb 26, 2024
Yogi Thomas
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Garbage in, garbage out! Anyone using AI data must have the ability to research, comprehend, and analyze several sources. AI feeding data from the same pool of info; it will be interesting and easier to manipulate people and for teachers to identify plagiarism.
11:48 AM - Feb 28, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
BingChat is extremely useful, but taking its output at face value is an accident soon to happen.

All it does is regurgitate what it found on the internet. If it can't find a good answer, that can be a clue that hunting the internet for the answer is a dead end -- and I can move on.
10:24 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
I believe it was Dr. Michio Kaku who likened ChatGPT to a fancy tape recorder. My own recent experience with the program confirms this. The tech is nowhere near as advanced as too many people pretend it is.
10:03 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Jasra
A
The teachers are laughing about the ridiculous AI generated papers the kids turn in. I don’t think they even read it because as you said it’s not “intelligent”.
09:34 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
I work at an IP law firm and we've been forbidden by the partners from using any AI tools in our work. Of course client confidentiality goes out the window when details are submitted to ChatGPT and I think that's the main reason for the ban.
08:47 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Travel Buff
A
AI has been used in a legal filing in a case with fake citations. I don't remember which but it happened. My guess it is not the first.
It is what many of us having been saying all along. Just look at how they work and it is immediately obvious they are not intelligent and WILL always make mistakes!
02:33 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Angus Beare
A
I use Copilot every day now. It can't write my code for me and it is dumb. But at the same time it's incredibly useful for coding. I've learnt so much from it as it suggests different ways of doing things and is able to pick out useful information I can't easily find with Google.
02:09 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Chris Puttick
A
We did some work on AI in law and it *very much* needs a model trained to differentiate between general language use and language per jurisdiction. Not so much Large Language Model as Law Language Model (and for other professions this niche requirement holds true; LLMs are fun but NLMs are key.
12:12 AM - Feb 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}