Mike Yenco
A
thread 1/5
Took a while, but Smart Green #solar finally fixed issues with the Current Transformer (CT) meters that were producing incorrect data in the Enlighten app. Awesome today to see production surpassing consumption and exporting some energy back to the grid. 🥳🎉☀️
10:29 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Mike Yenco
A
thread 2/5
Just to be clear, there have been days (in theory) when this has happened since the system went live on December 21, but I wasn't able to see it in the app until today. The system also has yet to cover or produce credit for any utility bill and has been underperforming what Smart Green anticipated.
10:34 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Mike Yenco
A
thread 3/5
Smart Green had anticipated we would just about break even in January (in fairness it was only a partial month since the system went live) but it only covered a little over 25%. February was supposed to generate a slight credit, actually ended up covering just a little above 50%.
10:37 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Mike Yenco
A
thread 4/5
Weather was a factor too. We had several days when the panels were covered in snow and not producing (so I'm sure that cut significantly into any good days we might have had). I'm optimistic for the March bill, think we'll do better (though still might be underperforming).
10:40 AM - Feb 27, 2024
Mike Yenco
A
thread 5/5
April will be the first bill where I'll finally have a full month of valid data in the app (the period starts mid-March). So it will nice to finally be able to see how things are going throughout the month instead of just relying on the utility bill and being surprised.
10:44 AM - Feb 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}