Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 1/6
#PTTime Since childhood, sleeping or sitting sedentary has made me very stiff. ♊
It's a different type of stiff. I can't describe it. That's why it can be very hard to talk to medical professionals that aren't familiar with #Hypermobility . You tell them you're stiff and the look I would get. 🤬
09:06 AM - Feb 29, 2024 (Edited)
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 2/6
So I'm gently stretching today. I can't over do this either. I have a tiny window of movement right now that I have to stretch with that won't activate my QL or Quadratum Lumborum. It's a muscle that supports side bending. They contract while sitting, standing and walking.
Everything that hurts
09:06 AM - Feb 29, 2024
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 3/6
Like hell to do. Why I had to change the focus with doctor and therapist, because its always been focused on pain management. I needed rehab and I used to be an athlete, so I found it fitting. Thankfully they finally listened to me. It is fucking ridiculous. Medicine is supposed to be a
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 4/6
Collaborative effort. The first questions that needs to be coming out of their mouths is number one how are you today? In medicine for me it was a great way to ease into talking. Number 2, at some point they should ask I know this has been a lot to take in, but what are your thoughts on this?
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 5/6
Discuss thoroughly treatment options. Mental health support. Support at home.
You don't just ignore their ass, gaslight them and leave 5 minutes later.
I need to stop talking about this, because I feel the volcano rumbling.
Thank you for reading. This was very impromptu. The thoughts come, and
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
thread 6/6
Why I love threads so much. 😍💜♾️
Auntie CC .
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
Love this thread. Hypermobility is linked to so many diagnoses. I hope the new gen of healthcare providers are less dismissive. TG for the internet, so anyone can be better informed about their health issues. I'm a proponent of dry sauna for joint pain. One day I'm getting a sauna bag.
09:39 AM - Feb 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}