Katie M
A
Nit a fan of losing sleep. #DaylightSavings #DaylightSavingsTime #DefundDay
05:11 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Sharon Stiles
A
In response to Katie M.
I'm in the UK so have to wit a week before our clocks change. I'm looking forward to it though as it means I will be able to go on evening walks in the daylight after work rather than have daylight when I'm asleep.
05:29 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Katie M
A
I understand, I always disliked long work days in winter when I could see the sunset & the streetlights come on from my office window.

I just wish they'd choose one time or the other & stick to it all year long. There was an article recently published (in JAMA, -?) discussing bad health effects
In response to Sharon Stiles.
05:38 AM - Mar 12, 2023
Sharon Stiles
A
In response to Katie M.
I think in the UK we have a bigger difference between winter and daylight hours than you so maybe we actually get more benefit from it.
04:59 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Katie M
A
In response to Sharon Stiles.
That's true. Good point. I spent the summer solstice one year in Alaska, land of the midnight sun. I did not go back for the winter solstice. 😹😹😹❄️☃️🌨🥶
01:28 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Sharon Stiles
A
In response to Katie M.
If we didn't have to live by clocks I think it would be different as we could shift our schedules ourselves. I quite like the change because it gives me the best use of daylight. I've spent many years working in windowless rooms so daylight is important to me! But I agree it can be disruptive.
04:54 PM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}