SLS StickFigure
A
Ew too kinky for me! Wasn't there a dubious rumor about Catherine the Great or someone?
Heidi Hafeken @HeidiHafeken
They're mostly horses, tho.
10:18 PM - Mar 01, 2024
10:33 PM - Mar 01, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
Yep. She was known for a voracious sexual appetite, but she was also the target of vile rumors because she was a woman who dared wield power. So yes, there are stories saying that she had sex with horses.
11:35 PM - Mar 01, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Doubtful they are true though, right? Yeah, probably just a target because she wielded power.
11:40 PM - Mar 01, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
Logistically, I guess it's possible, but very difficult?? So I'd go with yes, most likely lies spread to put her down for being a woman in power.
11:54 PM - Mar 01, 2024
DeAnna Munchkin
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Catherine the Great is one of my favourite historical figures! She was a confident, ambitious, independent woman. After the Coup where she overthrew her husband, she refused to marry and took a series of lovers instead over her decades in power. The horse rumours are all false.
12:01 AM - Mar 02, 2024
DeAnna Munchkin
A
In response to DeAnna Munchkin.
There was even a rumour she was killed while having sex with a horse which was simply not true either. All the rumours stem from the fact that she was a powerful, unmarried woman in a time where that was seen as un heard of. Plus the fact that she wasn't even Russian....
12:04 AM - Mar 02, 2024
DeAnna Munchkin
A
And that she was known for ushering in very progressive policies that were not always popular with the people. She also was considered a radical thinker, and a huge advocate for the arts. She was friends with Voltaire and other Philosphers. It also doesn't help that her own son...
12:07 AM - Mar 02, 2024
DeAnna Munchkin
A
torched her legacy after her death when he came into power. He hated his mother so much that he created a law saying a woman could never again rule the throne in Russia.

Misogyny and hatred are a powerful combo.

I could talk about this for hours but I hope this was a helpful brief synopsis.
12:12 AM - Mar 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}