Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
If I see one more comment on Instagram about not seeing color, I'm going to snap. You're supposed to see color! You're supposed to acknowledge people's differences while treating them with respect and kindness anyway. "We all bleed red." Bitch, you will bleed if you say that dumb shit again. 😒 😡
10:36 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I’m a child of an era (60s) where our well meaning white parents used those terms to teach us how NOT to be racist. I agree it is used by many to seem non-racist. There are others who understood the assignment and are doing the work but don’t have a way to convey their beliefs well - self included.
08:01 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
If you believe that Black people and other BBIMP in America deserve peace and equity, say that. If you believe the foundation of America is structural racism where white people will always be on top, say that. If you believe your goal is to never judge by racial stereotypes, say that.
In response to Debbie Lu.
10:56 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
Thank you. I do believe all of this! I am working on not only consistently conducting myself according to those beliefs but continuing to listen and seeking to understand, speaking up and calling out publicly behaviors incongruent with those beliefs. This is a never ending journey! ❤️
08:32 PM - Mar 03, 2024 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Debbie Lu.
It really is, Debbie, and I'm glad to see you know that and you're strapping in. Best of luck on finding the rich cut to be in and make things happen.
08:53 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I find it's not often that people don't know how to convey beliefs well, it's that they don't want to say "this country is racist, it's sewn into the fabric of our flag, and as a white person I have both privilege and racism running through my bloodstream because I has no choice.
10:58 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
"I am not a good guy just because I say I am, there is real work to be done to break the chains of racism, prejudice, stereotypes, that have been spoonfed to me since birth. My goal is not to be an ally, it's to be an accomplice, and raise my kids that way to break generational curses."
10:59 AM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}