Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
If I see one more comment on Instagram about not seeing color, I'm going to snap. You're supposed to see color! You're supposed to acknowledge people's differences while treating them with respect and kindness anyway. "We all bleed red." Bitch, you will bleed if you say that dumb shit again. 😒 😡
10:36 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I’m a child of an era (60s) where our well meaning white parents used those terms to teach us how NOT to be racist. I agree it is used by many to seem non-racist. There are others who understood the assignment and are doing the work but don’t have a way to convey their beliefs well - self included.
08:01 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Debbie Lu.
If you believe that Black people and other BBIMP in America deserve peace and equity, say that. If you believe the foundation of America is structural racism where white people will always be on top, say that. If you believe your goal is to never judge by racial stereotypes, say that.
10:56 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
Who the fuck do these people think they're impressing with this goofy ass declaration. Certainly not Black folks.
11:44 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
They're impressing themselves. Only themselves.
11:48 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
When a white person says they don't see color what they are saying is 'you're white enough for me'.
11:22 PM - Mar 02, 2024 (Edited)
Andrew Senior
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
No it doesn't. I genuinely don't notice.

I was watching a program (series) that I like and one of the characters commented on his being black, and that was the first time I had noticed.

I suspect that this is less likely in the US where race is a big deal.
11:31 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Kirk Taylor
A
I hate that comment intensely. As an old white guy I know it all too fucking well. It's an obvious coverup, an intentional self-blinding strategy to allow themselves the privilege to say shit they know they shouldn't say. They see ignorance as a simple virtue. It's pure dipshittery personified
11:21 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kirk Taylor.
Ten points for use of "dipshittery."
11:31 PM - Mar 02, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
A neighbor down the street told me that to my face as if it were a virtue. I patiently and kindly explained exactly what you said above to him.

Then he repeated it, same sanctimonious tone. It went in one ear and out the other.

Racists in denial are the worst.
11:12 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Yeah, at the end of the day the sentence stinks of racism, as if telling people that either 1, we're all the same, or 2, whites are better so there's no point in seeing the color of others. It doesn't matter.
11:33 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Char
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
*Repeated it*... unreal. Bitch, I heard you. It's YOU who clearly can't hear or learn a new thing.

I'm so sorry that so many white people are assholes. Truly.
12:30 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Happy4uu&u
A
You hit the nail on its head!

Hi, I forgot to tell you I enjoyed your pod immensely. You were happy fun and a great and inviting pod host.

I haven't seen much of the soaps you discussed, but it was enlightening.

Thanks! 😊
10:42 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the pod. I've done 3 episodes so far and it's a total joy. Just to spend a half hour or so waxing poetic about stuff you love...it's a dream come true. 😀
10:44 PM - Mar 02, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}