Steve Rinehart
A
I’m here to tell you that, if President Biden loses the election this year, it will be because of this.

“It’s *still* the economy, stupid.”
01:51 PM - Mar 02, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
In response to Steve Rinehart.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 This is hilarious!!

I mean it's a throwback joke, but funny!

BC literally no one would believe Pres. Biden is in charge of the price of muffins!

It's like a new/old "Thanks Obama!" right?
10:36 AM - Mar 03, 2024
Steve Rinehart
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
I know a lot of young adults who I coached or led in Scouts when they were kids. I'm on a social media platform—not this one—mostly populated by 20- and 30-somethings.

A lot of them—too many—are saying they're not voting this year. Don't feel either side is working for them.

It's not funny to me.
02:21 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
If you are around 30 somethings who think the president is in charge of the price of muffins, I'm really concerned about your abilities as a mentor.

This is patently ridiculous garbage, and if you are "concerned" you should be dispelling it, not fake wringing your hands.
02:24 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Steve Rinehart
A
I do what I can to talk to them, but a lot of their minds are made up.

I am wringing my hands because smug Ds who can't see why anyone wouldn't vote D and dismiss anyone with a differing view are going to alienate those folks and tank this election.

Comments like yours are why I'm an independent.
02:31 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
"Comments like yours are why I'll just pout while the world burns and fascism takes over."

What kind of a needy person are you? You want to take your ball and go home because I didn't talk sweetly enough to you? You'll take the guy who vowed to be a dictator bc I'm not deferential?

Now I'm angry.
02:34 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Steve Rinehart
A
No, *I* will vote for President Biden because he's the best option available.

But apparently you don't deal with Gen Z much, because a lot of them *do* have that attitude.

We'll see if you still feel the same if President Biden loses because he doesn't get that vote.
02:35 PM - Mar 03, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
Share this with people instead - https://spoutible.com/thread/28752959
02:02 PM - Mar 04, 2024
DBA
A
I am fully aware of the broad campaign being waged at Gen Z voters specifically to get them riled up enough to not vote/vote 3rd party. I can see the manipulation tactics being used by foreign actors, even if they can't. More of them need to be taught to question their sources & see the big picture.
12:30 PM - Mar 04, 2024
CPfromCA
A
Steve might I suggest when you have such interactions you pivot away from the POTUS race and ask them about who they plan to vote for in down ballot races.
08:39 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Devetta B
A
Let them know Biden isn't the only one the ballots. SCOTUS is on the ballot, women's rights, civil rights, voting rights, education and every single thing they're taking for granted right now IS ON THE BALLOT!! Period. 🇺🇸
10:31 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Hobo Poet
A
It's not just Gen Z. I was at a silent generation birthday today and was asked why DNC didn't entertain other candidates.

This is a pretty big deal, look at who the solid voting bases are. If we are losing the "guaranteed" vote, Biden is in trouble.

Fear can only "motivate" for so long.
07:55 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Jeff Pilchard
A
In response to Hobo Poet.
And did you nod and say "Yes, yes indeedy", or did you actually do anything to help change their minds? If you didn't, all this pearl-clutching on your part is just BS hiding your own cowardice and/or ineptitude. JFC.

Go do something constructive, or sit down.
08:54 PM - Mar 03, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
if he loses we all lose our rights - Gen Z included and none of us will ever vote in another election again.

It's time to start thinking about the bigger picture outside of your own needs and wants.

fuck are you ppl selfish.
07:27 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Pete Sapardi
A
It's only GenZ right now, but young people have always been overly idealistic this way. But, when boomers were young they held out their vote, and we got nixon, then again and we got reagan. GenX held out, we got hw bush, then again we got w. GenY held out, we got trump. See a pattern here, folks?
06:48 PM - Mar 03, 2024
CPfromCA
A
In response to Pete Sapardi.
Young & idealistic wouldn't be the problem if they were also well informed about the legislative process, but WAY TOO MANY (of any age) are NOT.

POTUS isn't omnipotent.
When Obama got in it's like tons of voters said, ok, we're good. I don't need to do another thing.
While McConnell kneecapped him
08:19 AM - Mar 04, 2024
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
In response to Pete Sapardi.
Voting is a precious gift. It isn't something to be wasted, or used as a punishment. Damn it.
Gen Jones
08:23 AM - Mar 04, 2024
SirMikeAlot
A
How much is avocado toast?
03:52 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
You need to listen to yourself. You are in a position to persuade people who see you as someone with more knowledge but instead you just support ridiculous ideas?

What a waste.

Clearly you don't have more knowledge if all you do is throw up your hands. Do better, this is pathetic.
02:52 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Steve Rinehart
A
I don't support this sort of idea. I try to engage, when I can, to explain the situation.

I am trying to warn other people that this. is. a. thing.

But sure, I'm the enemy. Knock yourself out with that.
02:55 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Steve Rinehart
A
And I don't care if you're angry.
02:37 PM - Mar 03, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Well you should, Steve. You really should.
02:50 PM - Mar 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}