Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
With movies, I am definitely a non-standard use case. People say Age of Ultron & Iron Man 2 are worse than the films they follow, but I think they're both fun movies, as good as or better. Chris Evans' favorite MCU flick is Winter Soldier, & to me it's "We Really Wanted to Direct Jason Bourne"🍿
12:24 PM - Mar 04, 2024

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
And everyone has their own standards for what entertains them, etc. I tend to be more interested in how all the bits of craft come together; Knives Out IMO is visually compelling, intellectually satisfying, and artistically (acting/directing) appealing, while Zack Snyder's ouvre is .. one of those.
12:38 PM - Mar 04, 2024 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Snyder...gods, he's a copy artist who needs to rip off superior source material wholesale for his movies to have a chance. He goes his own way, it goes off the rails every time.
02:04 PM - Mar 04, 2024
A
Obviously I'm not a fan 😜 But he definitely has a dedicated fanbase. It just irks me that he focuses mainly on the pretty pictures & the conflict / "hero" shots, it's like a collage of surface-level ideas in place of a good story with good characters. He does half the job & thinks he's a genius 🙄
In response to Ground Control.
02:10 PM - Mar 04, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Dedicated fanbase, he says...try full-out cult on the order of MAGA (which, I'm sorry to say, has a lot between them). But yeah, I likened Snyder to a Frank Frazetta wannabe a while back. And narratively, he trips over his own shoelaces.
02:43 PM - Mar 04, 2024
A
In response to Ground Control.
I tried watching that first Army of the Dead movie, & found it entirely lackluster. He's not an actor's writer and he's not an actor's director, and it's so obvious it's painful to watch, literally every time. But hey, it looks pretty, and things explode, and there's guns and probably car chases 👍
03:13 PM - Mar 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}