Christopher Barry
A
thread 1/4
A coworker of mine hates our Prime Minister. Thinks Trump would be the best President. He believes Michelle Obama is a trans person so Barack is gay and his kids aren't really his.
I just sit there while he spouts this nonsense. Countering him seems pointless. I'm frustrated and sad.
03:17 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Christopher Barry
A
thread 2/4
Like me he is a Veteran. In fact, his truck has been completely wrapped In proud Canadian military pictures and symbols and of course he has a veteran license plate. He gets all his news from venues that would never mention Trumps insulting thoughts on his own military or his 6 deferments.
04:39 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Christopher Barry
A
thread 3/4
The CBC, or Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is government funded for the most part and has been a staple of Canadian television. Americans would know a show called Schitts Creek which had it's start on CBC. But to him, it's the Communist Broadcasting Channel.
04:50 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Christopher Barry
A
thread 4/4
What bothers me the most is that he is in fact a nice guy. I look past his politics knowing it's all talk and bluster, because he acts in the complete opposite. But, biting my tongue is exhausting. I long for the days when discussions about religion and politics among friends was frowned upon.
05:00 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Ray King
A
In response to Christopher Barry.
Yeah, no use in trying to argue with someone that believes in right wing conspiracy theories.
03:41 AM - Mar 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}