Alberto Pastor
A
"Research suggests that fictional books may effectively be empathy-building tools, offering us the closest we can get to first-hand knowledge of someone else’s experience."
For me it's similar to travel, it helps to understand different cultures and perspectives 📚📖📜
#books #Empathy #Spoutible
02:06 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Chelle Luna
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
This gives me hope because so many people seem to be lacking empathy. Maybe it’s a trend that can be changed.
09:05 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Lizzy BOLDLY
A
Thus book banning and eroding of education precedes fascism and genocide.
09:04 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Of course! Fiction allows you to step into another's shoes for as long as it takes to read the book.
02:32 PM - Mar 12, 2023
KelliLu Who
A
I love this so much! Almost as much as I love reading and I will read almost any genre.

When I'm lucky enough to be able to travel, I always leave behind a book or two and have even enjoyed a book or two left behind by a fellow traveler
02:16 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Celia T.
A
Absolutely - there are so many benefits to reading books. Thx for posting.
02:12 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Rebecca E
A
My genre of choice is historical fiction. I've learned more about American's and world history, especially women's roles in creating change, than I ever learned in high school or college.
02:11 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Yes. I have been reading since I was 4 years old, my parents, thankfully did not wait until I was in school. Not only were my parents incredible, but they were compassionate. I read many stories at a young age--- no censorship in my family, and learned about many atrocities, and thereby empathy.
02:10 PM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}