My Flying Car 2020
A
If you call me cisgender I don't care. It's not a slur.

But. Since it never comes up otherwise, if you have it's probably cause something's come up - maybe I've said or done something that reveals an ignorance of mine. If that happens, it's my turn to learn something.

It's not rocket science.
04:52 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Saint Clinton
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
I think that I would prefer that people call me by my name.
05:18 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Fern Lovebond (they/them)
A
In response to Saint Clinton.
And what if it's a means to distinguish your gender identity in a relevant situation? E.g. if a heterosexual person offers an opinion about a lesbian relationship affected by anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, then calling them hetero doesn't negate their name or identity, it makes a valid clarification.
05:29 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Saint Clinton
A
In response to Fern Lovebond (they/them).
No, it means that I would prefer that you call me by my name, just like I said. Is that hard to understand?
05:37 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
I understand you fine, but I guess I'm not being clear.

There are occasions when we need to mention someone's attributes, when they're relevant to the matter at hand. It might be perfectly valid and respectful to mention such things in certain contexts. Would noting your occupation also offend you?
05:42 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Saint Clinton
A
Just to be sure that I got the meaning right, I Googled the word. Now using what I found, it makes it to easy to mis-identify someone and scar them for decades. Do you wish to do so?
06:14 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
So your claim is along the lines that we could be in a discussion & I said "I can't speak for you, St. Clinton, bc I'm not cisgendered like you. How do you see the issue of trans healthcare?"... you'd be traumatized bc I noted that you're cis? (Unless you'd told me you weren't cisgendered.)
06:22 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Saint Clinton
A
I Believe in Health Care for ALL, regardless of ones Sex, Race, Color, Age, Sexuality, etc. ALL Health Care is Important Health Care.
06:31 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
Neighbor, the quote isn't the question I'm asking, but an example. I'm asking: if I *did* ask that question, would you be scarred for decades, as you imply, simply because I called you cisgendered? Do you not identify with the sex you were assigned at birth (which is what "cis[gender]" means)?
06:48 PM - Mar 06, 2024
Saint Clinton
A
Like I said from the jump, I prefer to be called by my name.
Now since you don't seem to understand that, write back if you wish, but you seem to want to bully me into something. Write back if you wish, but this thread has come to an end for me.
Have a nice day. 😁
06:54 PM - Mar 06, 2024
A
So you again ignore the point & keep up your deliberate misunderstanding of the issue. I don't want to bully you, I was trying to understand your sideways comment.

You come off like you're following the conservative playbook. Derail the subject, confessional accusations, anti-conversation. 0/5 ⭐️
09:53 PM - Mar 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}