Bob Cesca
A
Don't allow pundits or voters to yada-yada Trump's final year in office as though he was powerless to stop COVID. He was the president and there were myriad levers of power he could've engaged to stop the spread before it started. He failed, then insisted that we prematurely end/ignore protocols. ☠️
11:57 AM - Mar 06, 2024
Milla Mélomane
A
I don't typically pay special attention to world / health news but by December 2019 I'd seen references to a worrisome virus. By January 2020, Katie Porter, Elizabeth Warren & Joe Biden had all issued public, published op-eds / warnings about our lack of pandemic readiness.
In response to Bob Cesca.
07:26 PM - Mar 06, 2024
jocelynjtweet
A
In response to Milla Mélomane.
My company had a company-wide meeting in early February of 2020. We have people all over the world. I remember wondering if our team from Singapore would be able to attend, as the virus was starting to rage in Asia. About 6 weeks after that meeting, lockdown started.
05:23 AM - Mar 07, 2024
Milla Mélomane
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
Laypeople knew by then. I agree. You'd think a POTUS would have access to better info much sooner, & the resources to help mitigate the spread. But no. Trump viewed it as a personal insult, and ignored it, lied, shifted blame, deflected, then flailed and made everything far worse than it had to be.
08:16 AM - Mar 07, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
The U.S. and much of the world purposely chose to ignore the stories of COVID-19.
tfg got rid of the plans President Obama put i place, played down the disease, pitted States against one another for PPE/supplies and lied.
12:56 AM - Mar 07, 2024
Milla Mélomane
A
By January 2020, it was clear something bad was brewing. Trump dismantling our pandemic prep measures + neglecting to stockpile PPP, pretending the pandemic was no big deal / a hoax, then suggesting fishtank cleaner, horse dewormer, bleach & rectal lightbulbs Rx = a [partially] preventable disaster!
07:32 PM - Mar 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}