Sherry Heyl
A
I like the ux of this site.
I like the idea of more control that has been provided.
I like the idea of bots and trolls being managed.

But the pushback I have received from people I've suggested to join is the site feels like a police state or social credit system. I am starting to see that now
06:03 PM - Mar 12, 2023 (Edited)
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Sherry Heyl.
There was some early drama here about the TOS that turned a few off, and those people have been very vocal other places. Aside from that, the experience here has been downright pleasant. I mostly post funny thoughts, memes, etc. Others may find if less useful for their purposes.
06:10 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Sherry Heyl
A
It's both the known and the unknown that is concerning here. It is transparent - I can see you have 10%. The unknown - why exactly do I have 4%? How will this impact behavior on the site - the social experiment of it? The feeling of an overload. It really makes me uncomfortable.
In response to Frank the Bunny.
06:13 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Peter Butler
A
I have 11%. What does that mean? How is that number calculated? Yeah, this is BS. Watch my score go up.

https://help.spoutible.com...
06:43 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
I get what you're saying, but I figure an number in the "green" zone and I'm good. I swear a lot. Sometimes I dunk on stupid posts. I know there are probably reasons why I'm not at a zero, the main one being I spout and engage a lot.
06:17 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Peter Butler
A
It would be good to know the reasons. Is swearing bad? Which words are OK and which aren’t? Damn? Hell? Sucks?

If we are being graded on our “civility,” it would be good to know how our civility score is calculated.
06:45 PM - Mar 12, 2023
Peter Butler
A
It seems like “engaging a lot” should be a positive, not a negative (unless you’re posting spam, etc.)
06:47 PM - Mar 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}