Phred
A
We are watching history in the making. The Republican Party is collapsing.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
This is the nail in the coffin for Republicans. Allowing Trump and his associates to run anything will be plagued with incompetence, and fraud. But more importantly, Trump is setting the stage for if he is convicted before the election, he will have more control over the GOP, and exhort them.
05:43 AM - Mar 12, 2024
10:40 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Rainbow Trucknutz
A
In response to Phred.
Popcorn?
08:34 PM - Mar 12, 2024
BLS Is tired of the BS
A
In response to Phred.
Eating popcorn and enjoying the show.
05:21 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Vanessa White
B
In response to Phred.
With all due respect for Mr. Bouzy, nothing has been “the nail in the coffin” for trump or the Republican Party. They supported an insurrection on the US and their members are still in Congress. No one of any significance has been held accountable. 3rd party and non voters will put him in office.
01:09 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Hoon Seong Teo
A
In response to Phred.
Ok, I should be glad but I’m not. Any democracy needs a plurality of viable political parties. I don’t know how this will pan out. How far has conservative parties fallen.
11:50 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Hoon Seong Teo.
Hoon - it will be interesting to see what happens. I believe a second party will emerge. What that looks like is anyone's guess.
12:39 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Hoon Seong Teo.
12:23 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Phred.
It's never been a real party, more of a front for organized crime. Now it's a family office for the Trump aristocracy bid.
11:44 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Blair Houghton.
I'm no historian but somehow I think back in the day, the Republican Party was actually a decent group. Our history books are so skewed.
12:41 PM - Mar 12, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Phred.
I don't think some folks understand yet what this coup over the RNC means. This is the foundation of the GOP. They were air traffic control for the GOP machine from local mayoral races through to POTUS. They kept ads, money, messaging flowing and consistent. It's all gone now.
11:20 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Indeed, Bob, when I think on how Reagan broke up the air traffic controllers strike by firing and replacing all of them, it makes the symmetry of your analogy that much more ironic and appropriate.
11:39 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Hoon Seong Teo
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
I kind of thought so. Ok correct me if I am wrong but while each election is different, in the US the campaign is dependent on a good grassroots ground game to GOTV. How in hell are they going to do that without experienced staffers?
11:57 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Phred.
Has been for a long time, Phred. I saw it happening as far back as 2008. This development is the death rattle of whatever coordination they had left.
11:02 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Brandon Burns
A
In response to Phred.
They did this to themselves, tbh. They created Trump. They're no denying it.
10:50 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Phred
A
In response to Brandon Burns.
Yup.
11:05 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Joe Wiegert
A
In response to Phred.
I remember being a kid and thinking how much I couldn't stand history... so boring... "that'll never happen"

I was so young, naive, hopeful... Well, we can still be hopeful. But now I am LIVING through history that will be taught in the future. Insane.
10:46 AM - Mar 12, 2024
Dıanna
A
In response to Phred.
We are also making history.
What we do ...what we don't do ... it matters
10:43 AM - Mar 12, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}