Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/6
My predictions on a dysfunctional RNC:

The primary role of the RNC is to provide financial support, strategic guidance, and resources to Republican candidates at all levels of government. If the RNC is in chaos and strapped for cash, it will struggle to offer adequate support to its candidates.
10:49 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/6
A weakened RNC will make it easier for Democratic candidates and organizations to outspend and outmaneuver Republicans in key races, particularly in swing states and competitive districts. This will lead to losses in closely contested House, Senate, and state-level races.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/6
The presidential election will be directly affected. The RNC plays a crucial role in mobilizing voters, funding advertising, and coordinating with the presidential campaign for logistics and strategy. Without a functional RNC, Trump will face challenges in building an effective national campaign.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/6
Organizational chaos often exacerbates existing divisions within a party. For the GOP, this will intensify conflicts between different factions, including establishment figures and Trump loyalists. Such divisions will lead to a lack of unity and a weakened overall strategy heading into November.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/6
A chaotic and financially struggling RNC will erode confidence among grassroots supporters and major donors alike. This will lead to reduced contributions and lower volunteer engagement, further hampering the GOP's election efforts.
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/6
I would also like to note that beyond the 2024 election, severe issues within the RNC will have long-lasting effects on the party's infrastructure, talent pipeline, and future electoral competitiveness. Rebuilding trust, financial health, and organizational stability will take years.
oceandrop
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Or perhaps that rebuilding will never happen. Thank you Christopher, for this excellent thread!
11:28 PM - Mar 13, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
This is the kicker - not just '24, but well beyond.
07:00 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Lukas Mueller
A
This might be a path to a 60-40 Senate majority.

Lindsay Graham could have been right in 2016.
04:53 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Lee
A
Considering all this, I feel like the strange "would you consider running for local office?" text I got today maybe makes a little more sense?

...?🤔
04:04 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
The flip side will be some scattered and maybe even some coordinated violence by MAGA-adjacent actors, possibly an extreme case. Let's be careful and watchful out there.
02:56 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Also Wonderwoman
A
01:57 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Retropian
B
Your predictions are, with very few exceptions spot on. R’s will go all out on voter suppression and election fraud to try and make up for evaporating funds. R’s in a few state’s will not certify the results in a last ditch effort. They will fail.
01:25 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Dela Street
A
With the total destruction of the GQP, there will need to be a rebuild. One party is not healthy. As an old NYer I would love to see the rebirth of Rockefeller Republicans that were destroyed by Regan. Socially liberal & fiscally conservative. I am sure I will be dead before that happens though.
12:58 PM - Mar 13, 2024
JM Cressy
A
In response to Dela Street.
Healthy opposition is needed in a democracy, definitely. Of course what would be better is a coalition style government, but that's in the land of fairytales at the moment...
03:14 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Josie Villa
A
I am sending my thoughts and prayers to the RNC
11:55 AM - Mar 13, 2024

Only followers of this user (thanosthemagadestroyer) can see their posts

Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
The Dems were once the baddies & over time, transformed the platform & values into today's. I doubt the GOP will die but it will take a long time to course-correct. I hope they can stabilize into a party of good-faith public servants with whom we can robustly debate policy again.
11:49 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Susan McBride
A
I still can't believe we're living in a country that allows an insurrection-inciting, demented, vengeful criminal/traitor to run for president. I hope, before November, Lara Trump & Trump's other toadies burn the RNC to the ground and take his campaign along with it. Then he needs to go to prison.
11:48 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Jeff Carmichael
A
11:46 AM - Mar 13, 2024
frog_enabler
A
There's nothing better for our autocratic enemies than to have a US president or presidential candidate beholden to them for cash. Citizens United gave them an entire political party. It's so dangerous. This is not just about an election. This is about on-going civil stability here too.
11:42 AM - Mar 13, 2024
J.W. Sutton, Jr. (he/him)
A
I hope all of this comes true. Thank you for the analysis!
11:41 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Deb Lane
A
I just read that the GOP is canceling their minority outreach program.
Interesting that TFG thinks he can win by pushing people out of the
Party. I guess their plan is insurrection part 2, since they aren’t even interested in winning people over with a message.
11:36 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Deb Lane.
That's assuming a level of thought not in evidence. They're following a guy under the influence of the Long Goodbye and it's going to destroy them.
11:41 AM - Mar 13, 2024
frog_enabler
A
I think DFG's presidency and candidacy is such a successful 5th column attack, that Putin is now just working on sewing chaos. It's going to get worse. Our oligarchs are scared and dangerous and own the major news platforms. The Saudis own refineries here, and will spike summer gas prices.
11:36 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to frog_enabler.
And none of that will count for much. If anything, I expect those oligarchs to hang Mango Mussolini out to dry. His usefulness is done.
11:42 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Ground Control
A
I'd peg it as 10 years minimum after the kind of losses I expect they'll rack up this year. Could be closer to 15 or 20, depending on the damage.
11:25 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Ruthy R.
A
You reap what you sow, right? Or, in other words, karma is a bitch and is pronounced as HA! Graham foresaw it, didn't he?
11:19 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Lisa W FirstWave
A
I agree! Hopefully, decades!!!
11:18 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Rayna Flye
A
It's the state/local implications that really interest me, as that's the training ground and where there can be a lot impact. I'm hoping this will cause the shakeup that's needed in the GOP as well as giving Democrats wins. I'm blue through and through, but there needs to be a healthy GOP too.
11:10 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Rayna Flye.
A healthy right wing party, for sure, but no one said it has to be Republicans. If the brand is tainted enough, I look for Liz Cheney and others to form a whole new party.
11:26 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Illegitimate Scotus
A
Yes to all this. I will enjoy watching them destroy each other. Leopards eating faces and all that…
11:05 AM - Mar 13, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
Let us also consider the possibility that the RNC, in driving out those not sufficiently loyal to Trump, is seeding the creation of an alternative conservative party. Watch what Liz Cheney does.
10:52 AM - Mar 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}