Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/3
This post and all the comments are a perfect illustration of a trolling technique called "Sealioning."

The author posts an "explain it to me" question, then on every comment responds with something like, "How can one person be that bad?" "Are you sure it's like that?" Etc.

Treat like any troll.
Sahr Emmanuel Gborie @Emmanuel1225
Living here in Africa, I'm curious to know why is Donald Trump HATED by many Americans?

➡️ Especially in the black American community?
➡️ I also learn that majority of women HATE him.

Please tell me why? I'm curious to learn
11:00 AM - Mar 13, 2024
02:27 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/3
The purpose of this type of trolling is to exhaust you. Get you to spend time writing answers to the question and then asking follow up questions, like, "How did this person ever get elected if they were this bad?" to try to get you to continue to expend energy.
02:30 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/3
In fact, going back and looking at the comments again, the author's responses seem to be in a fairly narrow groove. This may be an AI we're talking to. I work with AI engines for my job (when I decide to get off Spoutible and do it) and I'm pretty sure I could get something like this going.
02:34 PM - Mar 13, 2024
Just a scifi nerd
A
Slightly different than don’t feed the ducks but kind of the same reason. Duck bellies swell with too much food. Troll brains swell with too much ego boost. Bad for everyone.
In response to r0r0b0t.
04:54 PM - Mar 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}