hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
#DailyPictureTheme #break

When my Nonnie passed, I was told to pick a few of her knicknacks as my own. I chose these two, wrapped them, and shipped them home. The one on the right broke in transit. I was devastated. Thankfully, it's been fixed, and the break isn't visible in this photo, at least.
02:05 AM - Mar 14, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Those appear to be Lladró figurines - my mother absolutely treasured hers. They are so lovely and graceful! They were pretty huge in the 70s and 80s. Here is a link to their history:
https://www.lladro.com/en_...
05:33 AM - Mar 14, 2024 (Edited)
A
In response to Diogenes Wept.
Yes, they are Lladro. I love these two in particular - they make me think of fairy tale characters. They make me happy every time I look at them.
01:54 PM - Mar 14, 2024
Caryl D
A
they are perfect😍
02:16 AM - Mar 14, 2024
A
In response to Caryl D.
They make me happy! (But I still feel really guilty for the break!) My grandmother had so many knicknacks representing so many memories for her. I really value having these, keeping a piece of what she treasured close.
02:18 AM - Mar 14, 2024
Paulette Hawkins
A
They're beautiful. My mom had put all our names as well as all the grandkids names on different keepsakes that she knew were special to each person. When she passed everyone got a favorite.
Mine is a ceramic dancing girl my mom painted and fired in art class in high school back in 1935.
02:10 AM - Mar 14, 2024
A
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
What a wonderful item to have!

Nonnie mentioned letting us choose things while she was alive, but none of us felt comfortable with that. After she passed, we all helped clean out her house. I really loved the vibe of these - very fairy tale, to my mind. I was happy my sisters chose other things.
02:14 AM - Mar 14, 2024
A
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
My mom keeps a list of what jewelry goes to my sister and what's meant for me. She keeps trying to tell me what I can expect, but it's too morbid for me. I'd rather see my mom enjoy her stuff while she can than think about what might eventually be mine.
02:16 AM - Mar 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}