Deb Montague
A
thread 1/4
#screenwriting #solareclipse I've been struggling to write. I know why but fixing the "why" is tough right now.
I have 64 hand-written pages (I like to write the first draft by hand.) on a new script, but I can't progress.
02:05 PM - Mar 14, 2024
Deb Montague
A
thread 2/4
I wrote part of the ending and it feels awful, as if I'm forcing all the words to cooperate and they'd rather be somewhere else. I know the adage, "Write, even if it's garbage, because you can't edit a blank page," but things aren't flowing.
Deb Montague
A
thread 3/4
I feel as if I've lost the theme and what I was trying to say through the script.
I could type up what I've written in an attempt to work through whatever this block is.
I have two new ideas which sound interesting.
Deb Montague
A
thread 4/4
I could write outlines of those; decide who the characters are, what the theme(s) are, etc.
I'm not sure what to do. For good news, the package of eclipse glasses arrived today.
Michelle M
A
I am not a writer. I just wondered. Would it help to try writing something entirely different for a day or two to kind of clear your brain? Something intentionally silly, or sad, or evil?
In response to Deb Montague.
02:33 PM - Mar 14, 2024
Deb Montague
A
In response to Michelle M.
I'm wondering that myself. The two new ideas require research and I love finding out new things. The "danger," if you will, is wandering away from something and never coming back, but the journey is always fascinating.
02:43 PM - Mar 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}