Joel
A
Spoutible and BlueSky should merge @cbouzy ... any developments in this direction? It would be an absolute powerhouse!
11:32 PM - Mar 14, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
This is a deeply terrible idea that no one here would want.

The whole point of this place is to get away from Jack Dorsey's bullshit. Why would we want to merge with Jack Dorsey Bullshit round 2?
02:08 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Our posts are already linking to Bluesky. It seems like the natural evolution to do that, or maybe link to Mastodon's fediverse.

I assume you guys actually want reach?
02:10 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
I dont care about "reach". (and I dont have a bluesky account - I will never go near anything Jack is involved with ever again.) I care about the culture *here*. Not "reach".
02:12 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Fair enough. As long as you're happy, I guess.
02:12 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
Im a quality over quantity person.

Id rather have a smaller number of people in a better environment than a bunch of people in one run by someone who can't be trusted any farther than I could throw the moon.

YMMV, as always.
02:14 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Genuine Question: Do you think you get that over here vis a vis Bluesky/X/Threads?
02:16 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
Genuine Answer - I was a VERY early twitter adopter. I had 9 accounts. One of them was one of the first 100k on the site. So I was there for *all of it*. I left *the day* Spoutible opened and have not gone back.

So, yes.
02:19 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
Appreciate your answer, very comprehensive... :)
02:22 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
Jack sold us all out. He didnt enforce his own tos for the sake of "reach" and money. He could have nipped so much of what got us where we are now in the bud before 2016. He *chose* not to do that. Im not trusting him twice. He showed me who he was the first time.
02:32 AM - Mar 15, 2024
Joel
A
In response to bronxelf.
I've only been on X since October 2021. I was on FB before that, which is total trash imho.

X seems better but it is getting increasingly problematic in terms of broken features.

Bluesky, Mastodon and Threads don't have the features I need.

This seems closest to X without the Elon bullshit.
02:36 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
In response to Joel.
My problems with FB tend to be work related, but that's because I curate the hell out of my feed there. I don't see much in the way of crazy bullshit. (I do have some problems with it on the work end, but that's not what people usually complain about.)
02:38 AM - Mar 15, 2024
bronxelf
A
When I began Street Politics (group/livestream/offshoot of my Patreon that is very different than the rest of it) the group wound up on FB bc none of the people in it were willing to go anywhere else. I didnt care one way or the other so that's where it is. But I get why people have issues w/it.
In response to bronxelf.
02:40 AM - Mar 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}