Christopher Bouzy
A
I wrote a thread discussing how remarks on Biden's age subtly serve as coded language concerning VP Harris. Following the State of the Union address, there's a noticeable shift with voices now directly urging VP Harris to step aside.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
"But Biden's age" is a dog whistle for "but that Black woman could be president." Biden and Trump are nearly the same age, and both are known for making gaffes, but journalists and pundits would have you believe Biden is considerably older than Trump and more at risk of not being able to do the job.
09:26 AM - Feb 27, 2024
02:20 PM - Mar 15, 2024 (Edited)
Elena
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
It's blatant racism with a dash of sexism.
It's disgraceful.
09:08 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Elena.
Or, as the neologism rightly calls it, misogynoir.
09:49 AM - Mar 16, 2024
PS Annie
A
Opinion pieces by problematic WW seem to be the new craze. It used to be the NYT's shtick but now everyone's getting in the act.
05:55 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to PS Annie.
Which makes for interesting timing, right? Fewer and fewer folk got any interest in hearing it from WM, so our opposition goes this route. This dovetails nicely with my speculation on Liz Cheney being the one to pick up the American conservative movement after MAGA.
09:51 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Say_it_straight
A
Who the fvck is Kathleen Parker? She can stick it! Kamala was supposed to be silent? BS!
08:45 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Say_it_straight.
To answer your first question, a nobody who wishes to be a somebody.
09:52 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Carol Alomari
A
We knew this.
08:04 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Thunderschnozzle
A
No one should take Kathleen Parker seriously. Here is another one of her columns, which aged like sour milk:
07:56 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Seth Triggs
A
Wow they managed to pinch out ANOTHER one of these anti-Kamala FUD generators. Unbelievable!
05:22 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Kate Head
A
It’s absolutely a dog whistle about a black woman being president. F them
04:45 PM - Mar 15, 2024
darryl
A
That is craziness. How an editor even lets that get published ? Neither President Biden or Vice President Harris are stepping down.
Wait til November. White House and House of Representatives will be blue. The House may be blue before the November election
04:44 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to darryl.
And assuming the collapse of MAGA that I see coming is so, the news industry will be headed for a vicious round of layoffs.
09:53 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Brian Boru
A
So I guess we've moved on from "Joe Biden must step aside".
04:18 PM - Mar 15, 2024
PS Annie
A
In response to Brian Boru.
They're cutting to the chase now.
05:53 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Indivisible
A
this is more nonsense from wapo
04:11 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Kat Schneider
A
Racism disguised as politics exposed it's somewhat hidden ugly head when President Obama was elected.
donnie's admin fed, nurtured, normalized, promoted political racism
👁️👁️
Important to listen to what's being said/published
More importantly
Listen to what's not being said from the popular right.
03:18 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Kat Schneider.
Given our nation's truly ugly history on racism, I would argue Mango Mussolini's reign of error just gave it the Victor Frankenstein/Herbert West treatment.
09:56 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Jean Poole
A
The Washington Post reaffirms my decision not to renew my subscription on a daily basis.
03:14 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Penelope Lowder
A
I notice that too.
03:07 PM - Mar 15, 2024
NewsSportsINC
A
Smfh. I'm tired of the Media
03:06 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Pamela B'well
A
This is a point I made in an earlier spout about #MichelleObama being REPEATEDLY asked if she would consider running for President.

Not only does #NoMeanNo ,
but the question itself impugns #KamalaHarris .
02:56 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Dawn Campbell
A
In response to Pamela B'well.
They don’t want Michelle Obama either, it’s all a gaslit smokescreen. It’s akin to many in the Beltway declaring how popular Hillary Clinton was…that is, until she actually decided to run for president. Then it was that ghastly woman who apparently ‘nobody’ liked. They don’t fool me.
03:15 PM - Mar 15, 2024

Only followers of this user (MzKreant) can see their posts

Ground Control
A
Yep...the backdoor of "Biden's too old" didn't work, so let's be a bit more direct in that misogynoir fear.
02:49 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Karen Jacobs
A
Kamala stepping aside is a con. Dems like her. Republicans don’t. Since when do we take orders from Republicans?
02:44 PM - Mar 15, 2024
jocelynjtweet
A
Why on earth should one of the most consequential VPs in history step aside because of white people’s pearl-clutching BS? SMDH
02:42 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
Some misguided to outright racist Boomers and Gen Xers (the latter do exist on the left too) may have this notion that it'll get more Never Trumpers to vote our way.
02:52 PM - Mar 15, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
I find Kathleen Parker, George Will and Megan McArdle useful to watch on WaPo as they tend to telegraph the Never Tr**p talking points du jour. From different generational and demographic perspectives. Such voices exist on the Democrat side as well.
02:35 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO)
A
There's nothing "subtle" about it any more, is there?

The mindset that Kamala is a liability and not an asset reflects skewed thinking.
02:33 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Celt MacGann
A
She's been an excellent VP. Her being "dismissed" now would send a clear misogynistic, racist message. These articles/opinions are disrespectful on so many levels. I thought she was an excellent choice 4 yrs ago, and nothing has changed that opinion.
02:29 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Jan| יעל Loose Joints
A
VP Harris makes history *again* fighting for women’s rights. She should definitely step aside. 🙄🙄🙄 As a criminal defense attorney, I have a ton of respect for her work a prosecutor, a Senator and VP. #BidenHarris2024
02:27 PM - Mar 15, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
Ms Parker can take her article and post it where the sun don't shine.

Harris and Warren were my dream ticket (in that order, too) but I voted for Biden because he was the official candidate.
Harris was and is a big bonus, not a roadblock.

Now with experience in the WH, she's even better.
02:27 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Kat Schneider
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
Same.
03:09 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Fries Andersen
A
It's always been about the scary black female VP. Every criticism of her being VPOTUS or being elevated to POTUS is dripping with racism.
02:22 PM - Mar 15, 2024
LaJuan Woodland
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
Yep
02:24 PM - Mar 15, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
What those assholes call "scary", I call "my queen"...the kind I pledge eternal fealty to and eternal death to their enemies.
02:53 PM - Mar 15, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}