Candice Lepage
A
I started the 39th book in my plan to read all of Stephen King’s books in publication order - 11/22/63.

This is a big one. I think I may be reading it until May!
#StephenKing
11:20 AM - Mar 16, 2024
H Cassidy
A
In response to Candice Lepage.
You'll be in for a great treat. It's my favorite SK book.
02:08 AM - Mar 19, 2024
AmaganQuiltsCrafts
A
One of my most favourite books by him!!! I to am ready everything he's ever written by publication date, I'm on Duma Key (waiting on the library)
03:34 PM - Mar 16, 2024
CentralNJ4Eva
A
I resisted this one for a long time, and I wish I hadn't: one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Excellent writing, engaging characters, fascinating plot. Hooked me from jump.
11:29 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Jeannie (she/her)
A
Ooh, I love that idea! But wait.... is that one really only his 39th? Does that include the Bachman books?

11/22/63 is a great one. I'm currently revisiting some of his that I read when I was younger. (In some cases, too young, honestly). I'm currently listening to The Talisman.
11:24 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Candice Lepage
A
In response to Jeannie (she/her).
I’m reading novels only and published by Stephen King (no Bachman books) and by him only (no Peter Straub or Owen Hill etc co writes).

I had to give myself guardrails - especially since I knew one bad short story would stop me dead. I may still be in Night Shift if I had done that.
01:11 PM - Mar 16, 2024
Tracy I
A
I’m not familiar with this one. I have gone through a couple phases where I could read him . The Stand was fascinating. But as a rule I can’t at all.
11:23 AM - Mar 16, 2024
Candice Lepage
A
In response to Tracy I.
He has a very specific writing style and voice and if you don’t like it, you don’t like it. Nobody has to read a book just because other people like it.

For instance I can’t stand Margaret Atwood books and that’s okay for me.
01:13 PM - Mar 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}