⚛️Shawn Athan
A
There is a requirement for all Healthcare workers called "continuing education" because Healthcare changes. You don't want someone treating you with 50 year old tech. Medical employees should know this going in. They also know they have to renew their licenses. Their employers shouldn't have to pay.

This spout was deleted.

08:56 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Spud Kitty
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
A parent was a teacher for many many years, each summer included 'continual education'. Not sure if that is a requirement for a teachers license anymore, but certainly was for them. We all need to keep learning. No matter the job.
08:59 AM - Mar 13, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
But thats on each individual to take a job based on the benefits offered. Does the school system pay for the continued Ed? No? I wouldn't take the job. If they did pay, then we could negotiate a salary. It's quite simple.
In response to Spud Kitty.
09:01 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Spud Kitty
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
And this is why our teachers need to be paid more. I mean, how else do we get top people into posts where our next generation are educated. Back in the day I'd of taken the job, now, couldn't afford to live on their salaries. I struggle as it is.
09:03 AM - Mar 13, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Spud Kitty.
That all depends on the school district too. That's why some school systems are so much better than others. Some will offer to pay these type of things. Some will pay you to move. Some will pay huge sign on bonuses. Some will pay for your masters. It's on the Teacher to decide where they go.
09:06 AM - Mar 13, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}