⚛️Shawn Athan
A
There is a requirement for all Healthcare workers called "continuing education" because Healthcare changes. You don't want someone treating you with 50 year old tech. Medical employees should know this going in. They also know they have to renew their licenses. Their employers shouldn't have to pay.
08:56 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Jennifer
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
teachers too. I have to do prof. dev too (IT)
09:14 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
Every 2 years and CEU in pain management in my state was mandatory. At least we could pick what topics you wanted to do.
09:10 AM - Mar 13, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Miss Lil' Bit Angie.
Right!?! I was an office administrator, not a clinician. I had the wonderful task of scheduling their trips to horrible places like Las Vegas, Orlando, Boca Raton, Jamaica, Denver, etc...

Oh, they must have hated the mandatory vacations, I mean training.
09:13 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Spud Kitty
A
A parent was a teacher for many many years, each summer included 'continual education'. Not sure if that is a requirement for a teachers license anymore, but certainly was for them. We all need to keep learning. No matter the job.
08:59 AM - Mar 13, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
In response to Spud Kitty.
But thats on each individual to take a job based on the benefits offered. Does the school system pay for the continued Ed? No? I wouldn't take the job. If they did pay, then we could negotiate a salary. It's quite simple.
09:01 AM - Mar 13, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
Now, if they do pay... thats a bonus, but thats something you, as an employee, have to seek out as a benefit.
08:56 AM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}