Jeannette Smyth
A
#HowDeSantisIsAFascist
Yale classmate Charles Finch writes #Desantis vetted girlfriends by mispronouncing Thai food as "thigh" food. If corrected, he ditched them.
Fascist will-to-power is all about being the only source of the truth.
09:54 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Goose
A
In response to Jeannette Smyth.
It’s amazing how every new detail about DeSantis makes him sound worse. It defies probability.
10:03 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to Goose.
I heard about this a couple of days ago and fact-checked it. It appears first in a Financial Times profile on which there's a paywall. Reliable if inaccessible source.
It got worse the more I thought about it.
This morning, reading Finchelstein on the history of fascist lies, its signif clicked.
10:07 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Jeannette Smyth.
In their race to the bottom certain type of Americans will not be happy until they can elect Son of Sam. I think though they may draw the line at John Wayne Gacy. But then again since there is no bottom and we know they have no shame I wouldn't bet against it
09:58 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Jeannette Smyth
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
I am reading "Christian Twitter", white evangelicals battling it out. The stuff the new evangelicals are fighting is straight up 100 per cent fascist rhetoric, all political, nothing theological. Those men are calling evangelical egalitarians (there are a few) Marxists. No connection to Marx. Etc.
10:02 AM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}