Diana
A
I just bought my first car loaded with bells & whistles - w/o having to go back to a dealership. They are delivering it tomorrow.

I've spent my entire career negotiating contracts but negotiating cars always freaks me out. Car buying by email/phone is 100% superior to being trapped in a dealership.
11:11 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Gray Since 97
A
In response to Diana.
Glad to hear it! I'd like to do the same when I'm next in the market. Congratulations on the new car and on avoiding the hassle 👏
11:20 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Diana
A
In response to Gray Since 97.
Definitely do it that way. I've done it before but it's been a while and I had to do a lot less arguing to get numbers over email this time. It's becoming the norm I think. And it's easier to say no to all the add ons over the phone then in person.
11:25 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Happy4uu&u
A
In response to Diana.
I often wonder about purchasing a car without test driving it. Have you driven a similar car as your new purchase before deciding on buying it?

Have fun and safe driving with your new car.
11:19 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Diana
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
We did test drive over the weekend but I was firm that we were there for "shopping" not "buying" so there was no prolonged numbers talk. It still took forever which makes me value not having to back even more.
11:20 PM - Mar 18, 2024
Diana
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
When I decided on the car I emailed dealerships this afternoon, and once I picked one with the best offer (who also offered delivery) I did the credit app and just had to have a few quick calls with the sales manager before signing the contract. Gave him a card for down payment and boom. done.
11:22 PM - Mar 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}