Michael McCaughan
A
Hey @cbouzy just a suggestion, in line with the “donate” button. Have you considered badges? Like $5 - $49 gets a green badge, $50 - $100 silver, etc.. Numbers are arbitrary but you get the idea. Badges don’t do anything, you don’t get extra stuff. It’s just the equivalent of an “i voted” sticker.
12:01 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Landy Fella ?????????
A
In response to Michael McCaughan.
I don’t think that is a good idea. Not everyone can afford to give and having a visible ‘badge’ for a voluntary donation will just set up finger pointing and unnecessary feelings of guilt or superiority. It would quickly become a very uncomfortable topic.
12:19 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
It was just a random suggestion. Though while I see your point, I find it difficult to believe we have many members that can’t afford $5.. Maybe diff badges is a problematic idea tho.
In response to Landy Fella ?????????.
12:32 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Jon L (he/him/his)
A
I didn’t mind the suggestion. I was gonna add “let donors have access to exclusive and fun whale emojis or something 🐳”

🤷🏻‍♂️ Why not? It’s not the same status symbol the Twitter check marks are, I don’t think people would care that much if donors had some kinda flair.
01:27 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to Jon L (he/him/his).
That's a good idea too, like some of the suggestions kind of floor me if I am honest. I don't see any of this as some kind of "taunt" I was literally sitting waiting on my oil change to be completed, scrolling and it's an idea I had.
01:32 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Landy Fella ?????????
A
No suggestion is bad, rather a starting point for discussion and idea wall throwing.

I would rather not speculate on anyone’s financial position, especially in the current economic climate. I say a quiet thank you to all who can and let those who do chose to tell us be the incentive.
01:04 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to Landy Fella ?????????.
Poor, and flippant choice of words on my part and I agree. Some people legitimately probably don't have $5 to spare.

I was just trying to give a constructive suggestion on an easy way to maybe drive some donations, I never saw this as a 'flex', and certainly wasn't looking to offend people.
01:36 PM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}