Michael McCaughan
A
Hey @cbouzy just a suggestion, in line with the “donate” button. Have you considered badges? Like $5 - $49 gets a green badge, $50 - $100 silver, etc.. Numbers are arbitrary but you get the idea. Badges don’t do anything, you don’t get extra stuff. It’s just the equivalent of an “i voted” sticker.
12:01 PM - Mar 13, 2023
JustDee
A
In response to Michael McCaughan.
Sorry, just can't agree with that.
Help if you can or choose to and keep going. The goal for 🐳 is a place for folks who have felt marginalized to not feel singled out. Magnifying who does or does not financially contribute will make folks feel marginalized...again.
12:37 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to JustDee.
Respectfully, so we are clear, I personally have contributed $0 so far (Eventually I probably will) and am not going to feel singled out in any way tomorrow if people suddenly had badges. I want this site to be successful, and it was just a simple suggestion to maybe drive some donations.
01:39 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Mynxie
A
That reminds of me of some people I used to know that would frame and hang receipts/certificates they got for making telethon donations...like why??? Who cares?? Always made me think that if they actually cared that much about the cause they were donating to they wouldn't need glory from it🤷🏽‍♀️
12:37 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to Mynxie.
First off, this isn't a charity, it's a site being funded out of pocket largely and eventually there will presumably NEED to be revenue for it to stick around..

I don't really get why this is such an offensive idea for some people, it was just an off the cuff idea to maybe generate donations.
01:42 PM - Mar 13, 2023
UnJourSansMoi
A
I donated to Spoutible and don't need to taunt those who cannot. I don't think it's a good idea but what do I know.🤷‍♂️
12:34 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to UnJourSansMoi.
Again, as I have said to others, I am not seeing how this would be a 'taunt' but maybe I am just not getting it.

However it is done I do think donators deserve recognition, the same way people donating to literally every kickstarter etc.. are recognized (With an option to opt out if you want).
01:45 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Fuzzywunkle
A
Seems like virtue signaling to me. Hey look everyone! I gave more money than you.

There's another social media site that runs on members and they have some extra percs for an annual fee. That might be a better road to go down.
12:28 PM - Mar 13, 2023 (Edited)
Landy Fella ?????????
A
I don’t think that is a good idea. Not everyone can afford to give and having a visible ‘badge’ for a voluntary donation will just set up finger pointing and unnecessary feelings of guilt or superiority. It would quickly become a very uncomfortable topic.
12:19 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to Landy Fella ?????????.
It was just a random suggestion. Though while I see your point, I find it difficult to believe we have many members that can’t afford $5.. Maybe diff badges is a problematic idea tho.
12:32 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
Just thinking an easy way to incentivize people to give. And I know I love stickers because I’m still basically 12 haha.
12:02 PM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}