Michael McCaughan
A
Hey @cbouzy just a suggestion, in line with the “donate” button. Have you considered badges? Like $5 - $49 gets a green badge, $50 - $100 silver, etc.. Numbers are arbitrary but you get the idea. Badges don’t do anything, you don’t get extra stuff. It’s just the equivalent of an “i voted” sticker.
12:01 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Mynxie
A
That reminds of me of some people I used to know that would frame and hang receipts/certificates they got for making telethon donations...like why??? Who cares?? Always made me think that if they actually cared that much about the cause they were donating to they wouldn't need glory from it🤷🏽‍♀️
In response to Michael McCaughan.
12:37 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Michael McCaughan
A
In response to Mynxie.
First off, this isn't a charity, it's a site being funded out of pocket largely and eventually there will presumably NEED to be revenue for it to stick around..

I don't really get why this is such an offensive idea for some people, it was just an off the cuff idea to maybe generate donations.
01:42 PM - Mar 13, 2023
Mynxie
A
In response to Michael McCaughan.
I never said this site was a charity. Donating for "glory" is gross. Most people don't need others to know they've contributed a donation. Plenty of people will just donate, no glory needed, as has already been shown here.
02:00 PM - Mar 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}