Deb Montague
A
thread 1/4
"Someone" is waltzing around the house wanting pets like nothing happened today.
I received a notice from one of my credit cards. They are raising their rates. If you don't pay off your balance, this is the effective rate. It had been 25.99%.
04:04 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Deb Montague
A
thread 2/4
This is beyond outrageous. When people tell you inflation is out of control, ask them about their credit card fees. Chances are very good, they don't even notice. This hike is to make up for the fees; hidden and otherwise; they will no longer be able to charge. We were paying this but it was across
Deb Montague
A
thread 3/4
several charges. At least we know upfront. But this really hurts lower income people. When 35 cents of every dollar goes into the company's bottom line, you'll never make headway on paying down debt. And, there's no justification for this.
I try not to use my cards, but, because I don't make much,
Deb Montague
A
thread 4/4
I need them occasionally to survive. I expect ALL the cards I have will hike finance charges because, yanno, bank presidents need their yachts. I was already working on paying down what I've charged and you can bet this more of a priority than ever. It's not inflation, it's corporate greed.
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Deb Montague.
That's officially usury. I'm gobsmacked. Absolutely insane! Now I'm afraid to look at my own account...
11:38 AM - Mar 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}