Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
I had a great pod tonight. Sorry I kinda disappeared right after, my phone battery isn't what it uses to be so I had to recharge.

It would've been nice to see more folks but know what, 5 or 500 I'm going to ramble on about a completely unserious topic and have some fun.
11:37 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
And I had plenty of fun talking about the dynamics behind one if my favorite films, the 1934 adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's The Thin Man. Starring William Powell and Myrna Loy, directed by the masterful W.S. Van Dyke, even at 90 years old it still feels fresh, relevant, and very fun.
11:43 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
Plus they filmed the movie in about 19 days with much ad-libbing and spontaneity. I feel like every kiss William and Myrna share in this movie was spontaneous. Like they decided before filming, "let's kiss when we think the moment calls for it. These two people love and lust each other."
11:45 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
Bee tee dubs, that kiss in the gif is in my top 3 movie kisses of all time. There's something so sweet and natural about it, as if there's nothing else he's thinking about at the moment other than his lips on hers.

Can y'all tell I'm a writer?
11:47 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
All Pods are recorded now so you can have a listen if you'd like to. I'll be back on April 4th with another completely unserious subject. 😄
11:50 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
And I'm a fan of classic films. I was just babbling to a friend for at least 40 minutes about Beatrice Straight in Network. She's in it for about 6 minutes, so I talked about the scene nearly 7x longer than it is.
In response to Ground Control.
11:54 PM - Mar 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}