Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
I had a great pod tonight. Sorry I kinda disappeared right after, my phone battery isn't what it uses to be so I had to recharge.

It would've been nice to see more folks but know what, 5 or 500 I'm going to ramble on about a completely unserious topic and have some fun.
11:37 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
And I had plenty of fun talking about the dynamics behind one if my favorite films, the 1934 adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's The Thin Man. Starring William Powell and Myrna Loy, directed by the masterful W.S. Van Dyke, even at 90 years old it still feels fresh, relevant, and very fun.
11:43 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
Plus they filmed the movie in about 19 days with much ad-libbing and spontaneity. I feel like every kiss William and Myrna share in this movie was spontaneous. Like they decided before filming, "let's kiss when we think the moment calls for it. These two people love and lust each other."
11:45 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
Bee tee dubs, that kiss in the gif is in my top 3 movie kisses of all time. There's something so sweet and natural about it, as if there's nothing else he's thinking about at the moment other than his lips on hers.

Can y'all tell I'm a writer?
11:47 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
All Pods are recorded now so you can have a listen if you'd like to. I'll be back on April 4th with another completely unserious subject. 😄
11:50 PM - Mar 21, 2024
SAJ
B
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I had to leave early my niece called and needed me to take my nephew to football practice ASAP.
Sorry, I wasn't able to stay. I'll listen to it later...
12:26 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to SAJ.
It's cool, life comes at you sometimes. Good thing they're recorded and you can go back and enjoy it anytime. ☺️
01:04 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Whoa!
A
I'll catch up later. Thursday evenings are hard for me because it's usually family time - dinner and a show with my wife and oldest. ☺️ Plus every so often (used to be every Thursday) we go out to see some live jazz on Thursday evenings.
09:43 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Whoa!.
Family time is really important. My family used to have it sometimes when I was growing up and I always enjoyed it.
06:28 PM - Mar 22, 2024
T. Naught
A
hey! thanks for hosting.
i only popped in for a moment, & very late — squeezed between the FL politics sesh & the thing i had to do next.
but your enthusiasm for details is always a treat.
and you gotta know i love these actors & the original Thin Man movie in particular. 😁
07:48 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Tonya Alston
A
I made the mistake of relying on my memory. 🤦🏾‍♀️
I'll set a reminder for the next one.
12:03 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Tonya Alston.
It's April 4th at 9:15 p.m. EST. 😊
12:29 AM - Mar 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
Glad I could make it, Acey! Love to hear you talk on some more classic film some time. We got us a century of cinema to dive through.
11:42 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Ground Control.
And I'm a fan of classic films. I was just babbling to a friend for at least 40 minutes about Beatrice Straight in Network. She's in it for about 6 minutes, so I talked about the scene nearly 7x longer than it is.
11:54 PM - Mar 21, 2024
TinaG
A
it was great! gotta watch that movie now, I'm very intrigued.

i'm always getting ready for work so I'm listening to you in the shower but I love your voice and could listen to anything you wanna talk about.
11:42 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to TinaG.
Thanks, Tina! So glad to see you tonight. I hope you watch and enjoy the film, it really us such a delight. And I hope to see you back in 2 weeks for the April 4th episode.
11:55 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
I'll definitely listen to it at some point. You really are a natural at it.
11:40 PM - Mar 21, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I'm a natural at rambling about things I love. I have been since I was child. 😄
11:56 PM - Mar 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}