Jenny S
A
thread 1/4
E and I went shopping yesterday. This is notable because he was diagnosed with ME/CFS a few years ago and had been unable to do much of anything. I drove him to appointments. We'd bought him a wheelchair.

But yesterday he walked through the mall with me because he doesn't seem to have it anymore.
01:02 PM - Mar 22, 2024
Jenny S
A
thread 2/4
He's not completely well--he still has excessive daytime sleepiness and trouble getting to sleep--but the fatigue and exertional intolerance are gone.
Jenny S
A
thread 3/4
His remission coincided with his switching from Effexor to buspirone. He also caught a cold, and my alternate theory is that the virus triggered this the way the COVID vaccine helped some Long COVID patients, but he says he started feeling better in the middle of the cold, so probably not.
Jenny S
A
thread 4/4
We're both still adjusting to a new reality--he doesn't quite trust it, and I feel off-balance because now we have to renavigate and renegotiate what he can and can't do--but I'm so excited and happy about this. I thought there was no chance he'd improve. I will take the uncertainty.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}