jenn ○f many things
A
It's in the mid-40s today in Anchorage, Alaska. Many people are wearing shorts. The roads have huge pools of water as snow melts. Many of those pools have giant potholes. I hit one with a back tire today. Quite jarring.
06:17 PM - Mar 22, 2024
R.A. Roth
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
Warmer than the NW suburbs of Chicago. Been low 30s and snowing all damn day. Not sticking to the roads though. Happy Spring!
06:20 PM - Mar 22, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
In response to R.A. Roth.
The wind in Chicago in winter is colder than here, until it hits about -10 here. I lived in Chicago for almost 3 years in early 2000s. Western & Division/Ukraine Village. Where we got the wind OFF the wind off the Lake. Ha! I could never take standing by the Lake for more than 10 secs at a time. ❄️
06:23 PM - Mar 22, 2024
R.A. Roth
A
The Windy City, hello?! The coldest I ever was in the city was during a Cubs game in Wrigley when it was 70 outside the stadium. If I had to guess, inside the park it was about 13 degrees when the wind blew.
In response to jenn ○f many things.
06:33 PM - Mar 22, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
In response to R.A. Roth.
Also, in Chicago, the sleet blows sideways & stabs you in the face. I remember that well. I loved living there, though. I could ride the El for hours and occassionally get off at random stops, find little bookstores, etc. The architecture all around town is so amazing.
06:38 PM - Mar 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}