jenn ○f many things
A
It's in the mid-40s today in Anchorage, Alaska. Many people are wearing shorts. The roads have huge pools of water as snow melts. Many of those pools have giant potholes. I hit one with a back tire today. Quite jarring.
06:17 PM - Mar 22, 2024
R.A. Roth
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
Warmer than the NW suburbs of Chicago. Been low 30s and snowing all damn day. Not sticking to the roads though. Happy Spring!
06:20 PM - Mar 22, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
In response to R.A. Roth.
The wind in Chicago in winter is colder than here, until it hits about -10 here. I lived in Chicago for almost 3 years in early 2000s. Western & Division/Ukraine Village. Where we got the wind OFF the wind off the Lake. Ha! I could never take standing by the Lake for more than 10 secs at a time. ❄️
06:23 PM - Mar 22, 2024
R.A. Roth
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
The Windy City, hello?! The coldest I ever was in the city was during a Cubs game in Wrigley when it was 70 outside the stadium. If I had to guess, inside the park it was about 13 degrees when the wind blew.
06:33 PM - Mar 22, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
Also, in Chicago, the sleet blows sideways & stabs you in the face. I remember that well. I loved living there, though. I could ride the El for hours and occassionally get off at random stops, find little bookstores, etc. The architecture all around town is so amazing.
In response to R.A. Roth.
06:38 PM - Mar 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}