Trauma Epidemic
A
"But keeping things balanced isn’t simply a question of personal will. “If you were going to design a system that really fucked up humans’ metabolic budgets, it would be the world that we currently live in,” she says."

Evergreen in our adversarial exchange-belief culture. Another book for the pile.
09:45 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Serendipity
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
Her idea that “emotions are not reactions to the world, they are your constructions of the world” has stayed with me. Seems like an opportunity for true agency, but maybe that’s a scary idea for a lot of people.
09:58 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Serendipity.
No doubt she'd question "scary". 🙂

I like her perspective. From what I've learned about the variations in CEN (and to a lesser extent other ACE) and CPTSD, as well as subtypes of the 4Fs, it's obvious that multiple variables make for many versions.

Our simplifying labels don't serve us well.
10:20 AM - Mar 23, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Serendipity.
I was referring to the labels we (people in general, at least in Western culture) apply (which she discussed in different terms) to feelings/emotions.

I wonder how much value there might be in breaking out single terms into 2-3. How much confusion, contention, reinforcement, etc. could be avoided?
10:31 AM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}