✨Witchy Woman✨
A
I wish the younger generations could fully understand how awful health insurance was before Obama came. I was paying $300 copay for generic birth control pills in college MONTHLY. When I tell them they don't believe me. THANK YOU OBAMA!!!
Lil @Lil
#HappyBirthdayACA

And thank you to President Obama and your administration. I'm kinda glad I'm still alive and I likely wouldn't be without you.
03:22 PM - Mar 23, 2024
03:26 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Deb
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
It is still very expensive but better than what we had before. I pay $300 a month for my premium through the ACA and have a $6,000 deductible. I get one free checkup and lab tests and the rest of my medical bills come out of my pocket.
04:34 PM - Mar 23, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Deb.
Damn that's still pretty extreme!!
04:43 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Caryl D
A
Before ACA when I was a child:
My parents warned me every time we went to the doctor or hospital: you can tell them what hurts but you can’t tell them you were born this way or we will lose our insurance (pre-existing condition)
03:55 PM - Mar 23, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Caryl D.
Terrible. It was all such a sham.
03:59 PM - Mar 23, 2024
Lil
A
Unemployed, underemployed, newly hired, part-time job(s) holding, or self-employed adults had no health insurance & no feasible access to health insurance. Prohibitive cost. Denials due to pre-existing conditions. "Wait, so if I get pregnant, then I can get Medicaid? How is that good social policy?"
03:39 PM - Mar 23, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Lil.
right and bc it's so absurd when you try to tell them they refuse to believe it!!!
03:43 PM - Mar 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}