Diogenes Wept
A
thread 1/5
I think I put myself into a self-imposed stupor when he won in 2016. That is to say, I once had hope, and then he won and hope exploded. And I remained dedicatedly drunk throughout his time in office, and I refused to come up for air or water long past his inevitable siege.
03:16 PM - Mar 24, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
thread 2/5
It might be the only way I can handle the fallout. I saw it all, but nobody wanted to listen. Nobody thought enough of me to hear me.

I won’t apologize for my emotional shattering.
Diogenes Wept
A
thread 3/5
The adults whom I trusted, and who had long ago claimed intellectual primacy over me carried on about my being alarmist - and I was far too stupid and silly to and see what was what. They huffed and they sighed and they side-eyed me for my misgivings about this puffed-up liar and demagogue.
Diogenes Wept
A
thread 4/5
And then our country disintegrated and fell mercy to a desperate defense of their chosen leader. ‘Nobody’s going to take abortion away,’ my sister said condescendingly, and she was fully apprised of all the different ways people were working tirelessly to take abortion away.
Diogenes Wept
A
thread 5/5
I’ve never actually trusted my siblings, but now I actively distrust my fucking hateful siblings.

I’m going to live inside this stupor. It’s the only safe place I’ve ever known.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}