Deb Montague
A
thread 1/8
I went to see GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE on Friday with several friends. We hadn't done anything together in ages and the four of them are involved with the Windy City Ghostbusters group which does all sorts of charitable events in Chicagoland.
First of all, ignore the critics and go see the movie
09:52 PM - Mar 24, 2024
Deb Montague
A
thread 2/8
for yourself. The ONLY thing I'll agree with the critics on is the large number of cast members. They could have pared a few and it would not have impacted the movie.
If you know the original movie, so much of what is on the screen is an homage to that original movie. I enjoyed the movie for
Deb Montague
A
thread 3/8
what it is; pure entertainment. We need movies like this. It's simply fun to go and have around 2 hours to immerse yourself in a movie you don't have to puzzle about later.
The trailers were for two more movies from Angel Studios. They did last year's SONG OF FREEDOM. That's all I'm going to say
Deb Montague
A
thread 4/8
about that. There is a market for what they are selling; remember that.
There was GODZILLA X KONG, which opens this weekend. I loved MINUS ONE. This one looks to be escapist fare and follows GODZILLA VS KONG in the timeline, if that matters. There was a trailer for BORDERLANDS. Cate Blanchet in red
Deb Montague
A
thread 5/8
hair. I don't know the game on which the movie is based so I have no opinion. Then there was FALL GUY with Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. Is Ryan Gosling ever home? He's been in quite a few movies the last three years.
But what struck me was the music attached to the trailers. If you're of a
Deb Montague
A
thread 6/8
specific age, BORDERLANDS had "Do Ya." I was quite surprised. "I know that song. It's 'Do Ya' by ELO." A friend looked it up and said, "Damn, you're right, oh, but you would know this song." It might have come out when I *cough* was in college.
FALL GUY used "You Give Love a Bad Name" by some group
Deb Montague
A
thread 7/8
named Bon Jovi. (HA!) It was their first big hit. Then I saw another trailer for this movie and they used "Any Way You Want It" by Journey.
The 1980's had a lot of great music and it's kind of no surprise it's being mined for movies and their trailers. I just wish it didn't make me feel so old
Deb Montague
A
thread 8/8
when I remember when the song first came out. Now, excuse me, I'm going to wallow in 1970's/80's music on YouTube.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}