Incredible Shrinking Nana
A
She was wonderful. There has been no one else even similar to her unique personality.
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his) @RobPalmerIRL
I miss Eartha Kitt. She not only was a wonderful singer (who still had it when she did the purr) but also she was a wonderful actor. I have seen the reruns of her as the Catwoman in Batman, and also remember her from the Emperor's New Groove.
05:35 PM - Mar 26, 2024
05:37 PM - Mar 26, 2024
deni mull
A
In response to Incredible Shrinking Nana.
I loved her. As a young girl way back in the 70's when all we know the constrictions society put on us, she was a powerful role model for me. Not only a great performer, she had such a PRESENCE – confidence, strength, frankness, all combined with a bold, unabashed sensuality.
05:50 PM - Mar 26, 2024
Archie Leach
A
In response to deni mull.
I wasn't analyzing her character when I was a kid. I was just so thrilled that there was finally a girl (6 yr old me talking) on this show filled with boys.
06:29 PM - Mar 26, 2024
deni mull
A
Yes! Exactly! I was about the same age when I first "met" her Catwoman through the TV. Young me could not quite express just why I wanted to be her (Nichelle Nichols's Uhura as well), I just knew that I desperately did. It wasn't until I was much older that I could break it down.
In response to Archie Leach.
10:30 PM - Mar 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}