My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/3
It's great she was beautiful and once had a high profile job. That elevated her death, which people need to understand, in the public eye. But it says something about our society that the way to get attention is through her old job and not her service and software development achievements.
Tonya Alston @TonyaA6
💔RIP Sis.
"Anderson was also a software engineer, according to her obituary, “making significant contributions to improving healthcare, including being awarded a patent for developing software that assesses the risk of post-partum hemorrhage.”
09:30 AM - Mar 27, 2024
09:40 AM - Mar 27, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/3
Alongside this woman are too many others you won't hear about outside of the disproportionate numbers counting how many more of us die than white women after we get pregnant. If I die, it won't make the news, but my family would be devastated.

Just remember, this sister is the tip of an iceberg.
09:45 AM - Mar 27, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/3
Please support maternal health initiatives. Support doulas, midwifery, and reproductive choice. Support patient education and respect patient voices. Support research! These are preventable deaths.
09:56 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Came very close to the same end
Only the quick action from a friend, emergency D&C, and blood transfusions kept me alive
I was uninsured and treated with disdain when I complained about heavy bleeding (they gave me a Valium and sent me home)
10:05 AM - Mar 27, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to Adele Not the singer.
🫂
10:21 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Everything you said. She was so bright & so young! She had a full life ahead of her. As a software engineer, she was a role model for girls who love STEM and don't see many role models in their real lives or in the media. We have to take care of women better in this country. We have to.
09:52 AM - Mar 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}